As COVID-19 continues to spread, our thoughts firstly go to anyone who has been infected or impacted by this disease. We hope that all friends of Frontier, and their families and colleagues, are safe and well.
It is critical, now more than ever, that we provide our clients with support and advice in relation to their portfolios. To ensure we are able to provide strong continuity of service, and to protect the well-being of our own people, there are a number of steps we have implemented.
- Planning. Frontier already has an extensive Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in place. This includes pandemic arrangements. We are working with our BCP to action and evolve it as it relates to this specific development.
- Travel. We took the decision to halt international travel for our staff some weeks ago. Interstate travel will now also be limited to required client meetings.
- Visitors to our office. We have already ceased accepting meetings from those who have travelled from or through areas identified as high-risk by the Australian Government. We are not stopping our engagement with fund managers and others, but rather holding those meetings via remote channels wherever practical.
- Remote communications. We will work with each of our clients to align with their policies and preferences around face to face engagement or meetings by telephone or video conference. If Government-enacted protocols prohibit this flexibility, we will naturally abide by those standards.
- Our workplace. To minimise the risk of the virus affecting our entire firm at once, we have organised our team into two groups who will work either in the office, or remotely, at separate times on a fortnightly cycle. We have existing policies and infrastructure in place for work-from-home practices for our staff and these have been successfully utilised by many of our team for some time. We are well placed to have our team transition to this arrangement with no disruption to our service or operations. Should circumstances require, we are confident the entire business could operate remotely with minimal disruption to the service we provide to our clients
In addition to these measures we are working extremely hard to gather data and insights and to develop advice on how to navigate the current turbulence in investment markets. We are issuing general investment updates to all of our clients simultaneously as significant developments occur. At the same time our consultants are in close contact with bespoke advice for our clients to help them effectively pilot their portfolios through these unique circumstances.